Your reports and associated paperwork will be printed on acid-free paper and presented in a stylish A4 hard-backed springback binder that will allow you to add your own photos and memorabilia.
You will also receive a memory stick with copies of the above data in PDF form.
The cost of 1st class postage within the UK is included. Postage costs outside of the UK will be agreed in advance of commencement.
If you require a type or level of research not covered in the set packages we may still be able to help.
Research prior to the early eighteen hundreds:
If you purchase one of the four packages, where good quality source material is found, research for earlier generations of each specified direct line will be charged at £30 per generation.
You commission one generation at a time and we can carry on until we reach a point where source material no longer exists.
Please allow an extra week per generation.
Full research of a specific generation:
You choose one set of grandparents or one set of great-grandparents, great-great-grandparents etc.
You will receive the following:
- A report detailing birth/baptism, marriage, death/burial where records are available for the chosen couple. A copy of their marriage certificate will be purchased (where one exists).
- A report detailing birth/baptism, marriage, death/burial where records are available for each of their children included on census returns. Copies of parish records will be included for each child where available.
- Applicable post-marriage census transcripts for the start couple.
- Applicable post-marriage census transcripts for their children.
- An A4 size hand-crafted, printed Family Tree showing the parents, their children and spouses.
The cost is £100 per generation but if records are determined for four or fewer siblings a reduction of £20 will apply.
Should you commission research on several generations of one specific family name, An A3 tree showing the combined generations will be included.
A timescale will be discussed before commencement.
Specific document/record search facility offered at £15 per hour (2 hour minimum). Includes a photocopy of the item (if found) and first class postage within the UK.
Success cannot be guaranteed and the cost is for the time the research takes. Travelling time to repositories is charged at the hourly rate and an approximate timescale will be agreed beforehand.
Where postage is to an address outside the UK cost will be agreed beforehand.
- We do not offer a research facility to find living persons.
- Probate research (heir hunting) is a specialised profession and not in our remit.
- Apart from the look-up service we do not accept commissions based on an hourly rate.